Story Title: Cardboard BridgesSeries Title:
Map of the FutureAuthor:
Uta no Prince-samaPairing:
Jinguji Ren/Hijirikawa MasatoRating:
Written for Trope Bingo for the square prompt 'road trip'Summary:
When Masato is reminded of his obligations as a Hijirikawa heir, he thinks he has reached the end of his journey with STARISH, but Ren comes to his rescue, taking him to a whole new adventure through roads he has never cruised and through bridges he has never crossed.Disclaimer:
I do not own Uta no Prince-sama and its characters. Copyright remains with the game developer, Nippon Ichi Software, Inc., the game's publisher, Broccoli, and the anime creator A-1 Pictures.Author's Note(s):
- Written for the bingo square prompt 'road trip' for Trope Bingo Round 7 (amnesty)
- I actually started writing this before Season 4 aired, but I am the queen of procrastination so this was left untouched until recently (as in the other day and you have Yuri!!! on Ice to blame for distracting me for the past 2 and a half months). This already diverges from canon since I had Masato return to his home in Kyoto here, which is before the Triple S was even announced (and I originally planned to ignore season 3 altogether, thus disregarding the Triple S thing, but season 4 happened so I changed my mind) while in the series, he only visits his Kyoto home since he left for the academy when they were in the midst of preparing for the Triple S reevaluation and are already working on the duet project with Heavens. Oh well.
- I was planning to post this when I'm done with the entire story since this is for a challenge that's due at the end of the week. But it's getting longer than planned so I thought it best to divide this into chapters and post whatever I've finished.
- This is probably some pointless crap so read at your own risk. I will re-read and edit once I've finished but I don't think there will be any major changes, will most likely just fix grammar, tenses and spelling errors and whatnot.
- Not asking for critique, will probably do that for something more important.
- For UtaPri's side of the story, this is the first prequel to 'Paper Houses'
but this is technically the second part of the 'Map of the Future ' series in terms of timeline.Also on AO3
Chapter 1 || Chapter 2 || Chapter 3 || Chapter 4 || Chapter 5 || Chapter 6 || Chapter 7